It’s day two at Camp Create! We hope you had a good night’s sleep, and are ready to tackle a brand new day! Counselor Barbara is excited to lead you in another inspiring technique, so grab some breakfast and head to today’s lesson.
As a participant in Camp Create, you immediately earn the badge pictured above. Copy this image and post it on your blog, Facebook page, or Instagram feed to let everyone back home know how you spent your summer vacation.
Ready to find out how to earn today’s badge? Pull out your heat tool because we’re about to do some embossing!
Today’s Craft: Remarkable Resist
While stamping a background pattern with a colored ink on a white panel produces beautiful results, stamping and heat embossing before layering color over the top results in a textural panel full of depth, shine, and texture. Follow along with today’s camp project to see how counselor Barbara used a resist technique to create this gorgeous duo.
Watch MFT Camp Create – Remarkable Resist on YouTube or by playing the embedded video below.
Here’s how to earn today’s badge:
- Watch today’s video and follow the Creative Challenge issued at the end of the video.
- Link your project below for your chance to win!
- Add the badge below to your blog post to show you’ve earned it.
This week as a Camp Create camper, you have three ways to win:
- To be eligible to win a $25 voucher: Participate in today’s craft and upload an image via InLinkz on today’s post. Winners will be chosen randomly from the InLinkz entries.
- To be eligible to win a $15 voucher: Subscribe to our MFTv channel on YouTube and comment on today’s video. Winners will be chosen randomly from comments on the YouTube video.
- To be eligible to win the $150 Grand Prize: Earn all five badges for the week by participating in each craft presented this week (via the InLinkz on each blog post). One random winner will be chosen for the week!
The deadline to comment and upload your images is Thursday, July 25 at 10 PM EDT.
All winners will be announced Monday, July 29, so make sure to check back to see if you are a winner!
Can’t wait to see what you create!
it’s so fun to see different ways to use older products. i love the blending on the plaid one.
That’s a lovely technique, I adore the cards.
I adore emboss resist. Your cards are just lovely!!!
jwoolbright at gmail dot com
Fun making my card and trying again to blend inks. Worked okay, IMO.
BEAUTIFUL backgrounds and cards!
Your designs really highlight your REMARKABLE resist panels – WOW!
Thank you for sharing your video and inspiration, I look forward to trying this technique :)
What fun resist creations!
Done – this one was a challenge for me but I do like how it turned out.
Love these! I didn’t get a chance to make a resist card yet. but I’m excited to do so!
Such a great way to create some quick and wonderful cards. Thanks for the inspiration!
I love emboss resist and Barbara’s cards are such fun! I have yet to use my Color Burst powders. I will pull them out and play 😊
I love embossed resist. The results are always stunning, especially with Distress Oxides.
Thanks for the great video!
I am going to try the second card technique with the clear embossing powder – thanks for the video and for the challenge
Beautiful inspiration and great tutorial! Can’t wait to join the fun.
I love the emboss resist technique, especially with watercolors. Beautiful cards!
what a fun technique for creating arty cards
Love the close of the cards and the technique of the clear embossing powder.
Well done and thanks for sharing.
Emboss resist is one of my fav techniques!! Beautiful inspirations! :)
So awesome, will play along later today.