It's the second day of Camp Create! Hopefully, you had an opportunity to work on your inlaid die-cutting prowess before lights-out. If you haven't had a chance to perfect your technique though, don't worry — you have plenty of time to participate in all of this week's crafts.
As a participant in Camp Create, you immediately earn the badge pictured above. Copy this image and post it on your blog, Facebook page, or Instagram feed to let everyone back home know how you spent your summer vacation.
Today’s Craft: Magnificent Masking
This simple but versatile technique is perfect for creating a quick but impactful background for a multitude of themes. Grab some masking material and your favorite inks to create enviable backgrounds like camp counselor Stephanie has.
Watch MFT Camp Create – Magnificent Masking on YouTube or by playing the embedded video below.
Here’s how to earn today’s badge:
- Watch today’s video and follow the Creative Challenge issued at the end of the video.
- Link your project below for your chance to win!
- Add the badge below to your blog post to show you’ve earned it.
This week as a Camp Create camper, you have three ways to win:
- To be eligible to win a $25 voucher: Participate in today’s craft and upload an image via InLinkz on today’s post. Winners will be chosen randomly from the InLinkz entries.
- To be eligible to win a $15 voucher: Subscribe to our MFTv channel on YouTube and comment on today’s video. Winners will be chosen randomly from comments on the YouTube video.
- To be eligible to win the $150 Grand Prize: Earn all five badges for the week by participating in each craft presented this week (via the InLinkz on each blog post). One random winner will be chosen for the week!
The deadline to comment and upload your images is Thursday, August 22 at 10 PM EDT.
All winners will be announced Monday, August 26, so make sure to check back to see if you are a winner!
I needed this video and inspiration. Thanks so much. Made one card and am doing the other! :-)
These are beautiful cards! Thanks for sharing this technique. :)
Going to check out the video now!
Fabulous cards, love this idea and the beautiful rainbow of colours. Cant wait to try it.
Beautiful cards. Fun technique. Hugz
Wow! These are so colorful and fantastic! Love the masking and heat embossing! <3
What beautiful cards. Thanks for the video showing how you made them. I will be adding masking paper to my SSS wish list!
What a great way to stretch your background stamps! Both cards are beautiful!!
I’ve never noticed this background stamp before, but it is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.
Beautiful cards. Thank you for the video tutorial.
Beautiful Cards! I love this technique.
Oh my goodness, beautiful creations using masking, thanks for the video!
Thank you Stephanie for a fabulous video technique on masking! while I have done masking in the past this is a step up for me and I am looking forward to creating cards using your technique as I follow along – thanks for Camp Create as well – have a blessed day!