Are you ready? It’s time to announce our annual Card Design Superstar contest! This event is a highlight every year. We love the excitement it generates and are ceaselessly impressed by the skill and creativity demonstrated by the entrants.
We recognize and appreciate many different card making styles — each is unique and relevant. While it would be impossible to categorize all of the different styles our customers represent, in an effort to encourage as many of you as possible to feel welcome and to participate, we’re continuing with the format of breaking the contest into three separate categories. Not only does this mean you have a chance to shine in a specific category or by displaying your versatility in all three, it also means we have a HUGE array of prize opportunities for you.
Be selected as one of our FIFTEEN 2019 Card Design Superstars (five winners from each of the three categories) and win a $250 shopping spree from My Favorite Things! You’ll be able to use your prize to choose from hundreds of products included in the exclusive My Favorite Things line. In addition to our fifteen superstars, we’ll also be randomly selecting one winner per category to win a $100 shopping spree — that’s over $4,000 in prizes!
Get your creative wheels spinning and start thinking about how you want to interpret our Superstar categories. In addition to our usual line-up of judges, we’ve also recruited the discerning eyes of nine of our talented team of creative contributors and they can’t wait to see what you’ve got up your superstar sleeves. Show us that you’ve got what it takes to be a:
Clean & Simple Genius
Here is your chance to showcase your innate understanding of design. White space, color theory, and design rules are critical components of pulling off a beautifully clean & simple look. You understand that sometimes, less is more, and you aren’t afraid to show it!
Special guest judges: Inge, Karolyn, and Laurie
Whether your preferred medium is paint, marker, or pencil, coloring is a skill you’ve honed since those early years spent with Crayolas and a favorite coloring book. The MFT collection of images is vast, so now is your opportunity to show off your exceptional coloring skills!
Special guest judges: Amy, Francine, and Torico
We’re gaga for specialty cards. If designs featuring sliders, shakers, fancy folding, or 3D elements are your thing, have we got the contest for you! Let’s see your brain-bending looks! Balancing an elaborate idea with pitch-perfect execution and an eye for design is a true skill — one we know you’re up to the task to demonstrate.
Special guest judges: Barbara, Melania, and Rachel
Are you as excited as we are? GOOD. Now that you’re ready to dive into your crafting, please take a few moments to familiarize yourself with a few important guidelines:
- Create brand new/original cards using any theme you like. Previously posted cards will not be considered.
- The maximum number of entries per participant is one card per category, for a maximum of three entries in all. Multiple entries in a single category will be disqualified. Each card may only be entered in a single category.
- Use stamps, Die-namics, stencils, and patterned papers from My Favorite Things. Cards using other products, embossing folders, or electronic die-cutting machines will be disqualified immediately, so get creative with the MFT products that you have on hand! Use whatever card stock and inks you have available.
- If you’ve created any elements that may look like stamping or die cutting that isn’t MFT, include a description so judges can understand how you’ve implemented your ingenious adaptations.
- Submit your card(s) to the appropriate InLinkz collection linked at the end of this post on or before 10 PM EDT on Sunday, September 22.
- When submitting your card, please simply use your name in the Link Title section. Once you've linked your entry, please double check to ensure it is showing up correctly in the link collection and click the link to ensure it works properly.
- International entries are most DEFINITELY welcome! Please note however that we are unable to accept entries from Russia due to shipping prohibitions.
- Entries that do not meet the guidelines above will be disqualified and deleted from the contest without notification. Any questions regarding your entry can be directed to email@example.com.
What will the panel of judges be looking for?
- Great design
- Superb execution
- Clever uses of our product
- Fresh approaches
The fifteen winners will be revealed on the blog on Friday, September 27, and our 2019 Card Design Superstars will be announced.
We hope that this year’s updated format will encourage you all to create something you love. Show us what you’ve got, superstar!
Enter your card for the Clean & Simple Genius Category HERE.
Enter your card for the Coloring Virtuoso Category HERE.
Enter your card for the Innovation Master Category HERE.
I recently bought the Slider Channel Companion die on SSS and tried to search for it here to see if it is discontinued and no result comes up. So I am assuming it is discontinued. My question is can I use it for this contest anyway? TIA! Autumn
These challenges are so innovative and fun – thanks for the chance of winning
Two down and the hardest to come. Been stamping 45 plus years and hard to come up with something “new”! But after all it is a challenge!
Love the look of the color burst
Love this kit! Colors are beautiful. And I can use for card making, scrapbooking and Bible journaling. ❤️
So excited for the color bursts! Bring on the contest!
The colors are just beautiful! Amazing!
Love the starry night intense colors. The Ken Oliver color bursts are amazing!
Love the new Starry Night card kit and sample caress. Lovely colors.
Love the Starry night colors
Ooh here comes the interesting challenge :)